Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Review #1 - Avery Maharaja Imperial IPA

One of the best full-bodied IPAs I have enjoyed is Avery Maharaja. Avery Brewing Co out of Colorado, has created some great brews that I recommend. But, my favorite is easily the Maharaja. Perhaps, the most notable aspect of the beer is the very floral/citrus nose. It quite famously stands out. Overall, for an Imperial IPA, it has a heavy malt balance that stays through the entire taste. The overtaste  is malty, yet has a bitter hoppy finish. It culminates with a minor bite and a dry aftertaste. It has a sprite mouthfeel that fades into Malty/bitter thickness. If you are not into IPAs yet, I do not suggest this one - just put it on your TO DO list. Everyone else GET IT!
Overall: ✓++  ABV - 10.24%  IBU: 102


Iechyd da!
~Tyler



P.S. I know a ✓++ has not been mentioned, but put it this way. Always have a back-up in your beer fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment